Statement of Policy
This Mediavo Partner Policy (this “Policy”) sets forth the policy of Mediavo, Inc. (the “Company” or “Mediavo”) with respect to your participation in the Mediavo Network. Your failure to abide by this Policy could result in the immediate termination of your affiliation with the Company and such other recourse as the Company may have against you pursuant to your agreement(s) with the Company. References to “Partner,” “you,” and “your” in this Policy mean you and the company or organization you represent. By participating in the Mediavo Network, you agree to be bound by this Policy. The Company reserves the right to update this Policy from time to time in its sole discretion. Any updates to this Policy shall be effective upon posting to www.mediavo.com/partner-network or upon delivery to you of a notice of a change in the Policy. This Policy is incorporated into our Insertion Orders and any other Mediavo agreement that reference this Policy, and as such, is binding at all times on you in connection with your agreement with the Company.
This Policy applies to all network partners of the Company, including you.
While it is not possible to provide guidance for all situations that may arise, we expect you to exercise good judgement, comply with all applicable laws, and to otherwise conduct yourself in a manner that will reflect favorably upon the Company and you in connection with your performance of your obligations under your agreement(s) with the Company. If you should have any questions about this Policy, do not hesitate to contact your Company representative.
Landing Page Review & Checklist
You are required to submit information to the Company sufficient to enable the Company to complete the following onboarding process and ensure your compliance with the following requirements at all times during your participation in the Mediavo Partner Network:
- Partner must submit all proposed landing pages for approval by Mediavo prior to use;
- Partner must provide the entire flow (of the ready-to-go live extension) for approval by Mediavo prior to going live;
- Partner must demonstrate full ownership of and rights to landing pages to be used by it, including all content and creative set forth therein. For clarity:
- The design, ‘look and feel’, and content of the landing pages must not be the same or deceptively similar to any third parties and must not infringe on any third party intellectual property rights (images, copyrights, trademarks, logos, etc.)
- There should be no false or misleading claims on landing pages. For clarity:
- There shall be no verbiage promising the user something that is not supported in the browser; and
- Words such as “free games”, “unlimited downloads”, “millions of websites” etc. shall not be used if the link or API to associated with such words do not provide such features.
- The copy of the landing page for the extension should not misrepresent the functionality of the extension in any way;
- Partner shall avoid using the words “Install” or “Download” exclusively as the primary call to action(CTA) or the download icon for banner (display/images) ads. Google’s “Misrepresentation Policy” which is part of the Adwords policy, considers use of such words in image/banner/display ads as a violation of its advertising policies.
- Source: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en
- CTAs such as “Get Directions,” “Get Weather Forecast” etc. that require users to enter information such as location or zip codes should only be used when the relevant results, based on the information taken from the user on the landing page, are displayed on the thank you / new tab page immediately after the installation of the extension.
- The end-user’s agreement to be bound;
- Restrictions against the end-user’s improper access, use and/or reverse engineering of the application;
- An acknowledgement from the end user as to ownership of content and intellectual property rights;
- Robust warranty disclaimer and limitation of liability provisions, inclusive of Partner’s third-party partners (such as Mediavo);
- Contact information for Partner’s website administrator or other designated company official.
- The end-user’s agreement to be bound;
- Disclosure of the types of information collected, both personal and non-personal;
- Disclosure of use of information collected, including use by Partner’s third-party partners (such as Mediavo);
- Disclosure regarding access by the end-user to personal information about the end-user;
- COPPA and California “Shine The Light” law disclosures.
- The Contact Us page must be visible and state the Partner as the designer and creator of the extension and provide the accurate physical address for the Partner
- The Uninstall link must be visible and should provide easy-to-use directions for uninstalling the extension that work.
- Logos of the specific brand should not be used if its brand usage policy prohibits the same.
- If information about the type of browser(s) the extension can run on is to be provided, ensure that reference to that browser is made by using a pre-fix such as “for”, “for use with”, or “compatible with”, and including the ™ or ® symbol as applicable to the browser name. For clarity:
- Partner should ensure that no claims about the availability or compatibility of the extension is made with a browser that cannot/does not support the extension. For example, if the extension is not compatible with or available for download on Internet Explorer, then the landing page must not suggest such compatibility or availability.
- The images used on the landing page and elsewhere on the website should not infringe any intellectual property laws.
Extension Standards and Requirements
All materials in any form included on, accessible through or linked to the extension, including graphical, audio, video, multimedia, or text-based, listings, artwork, copy, articles, images, Flash, rich media, audio/video files, procured content, trade dress, and all related technical features or other creative elements (collectively, the “Partner Materials”) must meet the following standards and requirements:
- The Partner Materials must not promote, encourage, facilitate, obfuscate and/or result in the violation of any applicable law, rule and/or regulation in the jurisdiction(s) in which such Partner Materials will be displayed;
- The Partner Materials must not promote discrimination, defamation, prejudice and/or violence against any individual and/or group based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status;
- The Partner Materials must not promote, encourage, facilitate, obfuscate and/or result in fraud;
- The Partner Materials must not promote online gaming, including online bingo, lotteries, casinos, sports books, poker, mahjong, blackjack, among other games of chance, as well as any goods or services related to any of the foregoing, which could result in the violation of any applicable law, rule and/or regulation in the jurisdiction(s) in which such Partner Materials will be displayed;
- The Partner Materials must not promote prescription drugs or products represented to have the effects of prescription drugs, where the website to which the Partner Materials directs an Internet end-user is not verified through PharmacyChecker’s Verification Program (https://www.pharmacychecker.com/sealprogram/choose.asp) and/or which could result in the violation of any applicable law, rule and/or regulation in the jurisdiction(s) in which such Partner Materials will be displayed;
- The Partner Materials must not include pornography, expressly including any such content or materials involving anyone under the age of 18 years old, non-consensual sexual activity, bestiality, necrophilia, incest, or sexually suggestive materials involving anyone under the age of 18 years old in any way;
- The Partner Materials must not promote, encourage, facilitate, obfuscate, and/or result in activities that are or might generally be perceived to be a threat or perceived threat to public or national security;
- The Partner Materials must not utilize, infringe or misappropriate Mediavo’s or a third party’s copyrighted materials without the express permission of Mediavo or such third party copyright holder;
- The Partner Materials must not utilize, infringe or misappropriate Mediavo’s or a third party’s federal trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other rights without the express permission of Mediavo or such third party;
- The Partner Materials must not contain a URL that links to a non-functional website or links to a website other than the website referenced in the URL;
- The Partner Materials must not have the effect of disabling tracking by Mediavo when such Partner Materials are displayed to an end-user;
- The Partner Materials must not contain pre-populated boxes or deliver an end user to a location other than the location reasonably represented by such Partner Materials
- The Partner Materials must not contain offensive, deceptive or inappropriate language and/or images;
- The Partner Materials must not contain any material that is harmful, abusive, vulgar, or obscene
- The Partner Materials must not contain misleading, manipulative, deceitful, misleading, unsubstantiated, inaccurate, and/or unsupported claims about the product(s) or service(s) being advertised
- The Partner Materials must not contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines
Mediavo reserves the right to reject any Partner Materials that do not meet any portion of the above Policy, as determined by Mediavo in its sole and absolute discretion, or that do not comply with any applicable law, regulation or other judicial or administrative order, as determined in its sole discretion. In addition, Mediavo reserves the right to reject any Partner Materials that are or may tend to bring disparagement, ridicule, or scorn upon Mediavo, its other advertisers and publishers, or its or their affiliates.
Policy Monitoring & Enforcement
Mediavo will regularly review your compliance with the foregoing requirements. The Company reserves the right to terminate your agreement with the Company immediately if you breach this Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or your compliance with this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.